Tech Neck Prevention and Chiropractic Treatment
Raise your hand if you spend too much time looking at your phone or hunched over your laptop… yup, us too. Unfortunately, this can lead to a progressive condition called “Tech Neck”. The good news is, “Tech Neck” is curable and can be treated with preventive measures and with chiropractic care. If left untreated, “Tech Neck” can lead to inflammation of the neck’s surrounding tissues, muscles, ligaments and nerves, as well as permanent damage to the spine.
How can you prevent Tech Neck
- Use good posture! Sit up tall and use digital devices at eye level
- Use a standing workstation. Working on your feet is easier on your spine or back compared to sitting and hunched over the desk for eight hours or more.
- Take a break! Set your timer if you have to remind yourself to get up and stretch.
- Incorporate some yoga or pilates into your routine. These activities emphasize alignment and help build the muscles to keep your spine healthy.
- Get regular chiropractic care. Chiropractic care has been proven to effectively treat painful conditions affecting the neck, spine or back, as well as restore optimal health and natural state of the body.